Saturday, March 17, 2007

Visit interesting places in Singapore

Dear Mr Tan,

You have been writing a lot on your public transport experience. I wish to add my view.

Those who seldom take public transport has missed out alot in life. Why do I say this?

Many have just drive here and there and never get a chance to walk all over to appreciate the many things around us.

How often have we visited our own Chinatown, Little India, Telok Ayer Street area?

Many tour the world but missed our very own backyard that is visited by millions of tourist each year.

When my children were younger, I took the family by MRT to Tanjong Pagar and took a walk through Telok Ayer and City through Padang and end up at Suntech City.

I am sure families can spend time touring our own backyard first then to tour the world and miss our own.

Thomas Phua

1 comment:

Ray said...

I fully agree.

Before i left for the US, i discovered many new places in the heart of Singapore which i have never bothered to venture for the past 25 yrs of my life.

Only when i knew i was going to leave for an extended period, did i bother to discover a little more in depth about Singapore. Suddenly, i felt i was in foreign land.

We always take for granted what we have beneath our feet, looking for 'diamonds' in foreign lands. Why bother, when the diamonds are actually just beneath us?

Blog Archive