Tuesday, April 10, 2007

More trains for a comfortable ride

I took the commuter train to the city this morning at 10 am. I took the train back home at 9 pm.

On both occasions, the train was quite crowded. I was not able to get a seat for the entire journey.

These are off-peak hours.

I hope that the SMRT will put more trains, so that the commuters can have a more pleasant ride during the off-peak hours. I can understand that, during the peak hours, when there are too many commuters, it may not be easy to add more trains to meet the demand.

It may mean somewhat lower profit for the SMRT to add more trains during the off-peak hours. But, I am sure that it will still be quite profitable for SMRT. And it will mean more comfort for commuters.

If more commuters find the train to be comfortable, then some of them will decide not to use private cars, which congest the roads. It will lead to a more efficient public transport system.

I hope that the public transport council will consider this request.

No comments:

Blog Archive