Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Right for owner to moderate comments in his blog

Last week, there was an article in the newspaper discussing the right of the owner to moderate comments posted in his blog.

Arguments were presented on both sides. Some people felt that the owner has the responsibility to moderate comments that are offensive and defamatory. Others defend the right to "free speech".

My views are:

* As the blog owner, I have the responsibility to ensure that comments are polite
* I welcome opinions, even if they disagree with me, provided that they are polite
* I will remove comments that are impolite to me or to other commentators
* I respect differing opinion, if they are given responsibly and are not anonymous

2 comments:

Thomas Phua's Blog said...

I agree with Mr Tan.

Some are competitors seeking to disrupt, destroy and divide.

I have also moderated and not allow some comments.

Some will have no end, keep asking asking and asking even after answer is given, they want their questions justified.

- Thomas Phua

Khiat Han Hwee Adrian said...

Thats the reason some countries suggested that bloggers need to be registered. Not everyone is responsible enough unfortunately.

Blog Archive