Saturday, May 19, 2007

My stay in Deseret




My wife and I stayed with our friends, Dimon and Darlene McFerson, in their country house in Powell, Ohio. It is about30 minutes from downtown Columbus.

They own a 40 acre property which they named as Deseret (which meant Honeycomb in Hebrew). They built six houses in this property occupied by their 5 children and 30 grandchildren. They also have a club house and large barn (with an indoor basket ball court.

The club house is to be used by their grandchildren for swimming and to bring their friends, so that they do not need to use their grandparent's home for these activities!

The landscape in the property is magnificent. I enjoyed looking out of the window to see the trees and the lawn, and watching the birds and wild deer. I also enjoyed walking outdoors to feel the cool weather.

No comments:

Blog Archive