Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Did you invest in these structured products?

This webpage contains an insightful analysis of the structured products sold in Singapore in recent years, including the MiniBond.

It is quite easy to read.

If you have invested in some of the structured products previously, can you tell me about your actual experience. Did you get a good return from the product?

If the product has still not matured, call the product issuer, and ask what is the current price today, if you redeem it now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good returns when compared to fixed deposit or stock?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agreed with your various comments that Structured Products has mostly not performed as claimed. From my experience with DBS "Surf 42" structured deposit, I am suffering a paper loss of about 25% and there is nothing much I can do until 2011 when the 7-year locked-in period expires. Painful lesson learned.

Blog Archive