Monday, July 02, 2007

Switch to lower level of risk

Dear Sir

I have been investing $200 monthly in NTUC Income Growth fund since 2005. I know that this is a good fund for long term investment. However, I think the world-wide equity market will not do well in 2008.

Should I switch from Growth to Conservative or Singaore Bond or Global bond fund? I do not wish to terminate this investment because a substantial portion of my money goes to the managment fee, early termination will create a hugh lose.

Can bond fund really protect my $ when world-wide equity market doing badly? Or should I just terminate this investment now at a lose?

---------------------

REPLY:

It is all right to stay invested. It is all right to switch to the Conservative Fund, Singapore Bond Fund or Global Bond Fund to reduce the level of risk and realise some profit.

No comments:

Blog Archive