Monday, October 01, 2007

Actuarial Education

Dear Mr Tan,

I am 23 years old. I wish to seek your advice on overseas actuarial education. Which countries in the world provides high quality actuarial education relevant to Singapore context?

As I plan to work in Singapore after my studies, which are the specialized areas of actuarial science I need to be familiarized with? Examples like General Insurance,
Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Pension or Investment and Finance.

MY REPLY:

I suggest that you contact the Singapore Actuarial Society. You can get their contact from their website:

http://www.actuaries.org.sg/resources.htm

They should be able to answer your questions better than me. They are more up-to-date on these matters.

Wish you all the best in your future career.

No comments:

Blog Archive