Thursday, November 15, 2007

Exchange Rates

I wanted the exchange rate between New Zealand dollar and Singapore dollar for the past three years.

I searched Google and provided the keywords SGD and NZD. It showed a list of websites. I chose the yahoo.com finance website and clicked on Exchange Rates.

http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?amt=1&from=NZD&to=SGD&submit=Convert

By selecting the two currency codes, I was able to get the exchange rate for up to 5 years. It was very helpful.

I am discovering each day, the wonders of the Internet.

3 comments:

hongjun said...

It would be even faster if you know the currency codes beforehand. You can just type "convert 1 nzd to sgd" (without the double quotes) in google's search box and you get instant conversion rate!

Anonymous said...

The MAS website under financial databases have more than 20 years of exchange rate data, as early as 1984 all under one roof. Also got interest rates, etc.

Anonymous said...

Mr Tan, thanks for sharing.

I uses http://www.ozforex.com to check the exchange rate. Some data goes back as far as 1990 ..

Blog Archive