Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Quote - President Elect Obama

Two years from now, I want the American people to be able to say,

"Government's not perfect; there are some things Obama does that get on my nerves.
But you know what?

I feel like the government's working for me.
I feel like it's accountable.
I feel like it's transparent.
I feel that I am well informed about what government actions are being taken.

I feel that this is a President and an Administration that admits when it makes mistakes and adapts itself to new information, that believes in making decisions based on facts and on science as opposed to what is politically expedient."

Those are some of the intangibles that I hope people two years from now can claim," -
Barack Obama, president-elect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack
http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/12/the-year-of-oba.html
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1865069,00.html

COMMENT BY TAN KIN L IAN
I find this approach by President Elect Obama to be quite refreshing. He is willing to admit mistakes and to make decisions based on new facts, and not on political expediency. This is quite different from the approach adopted by most governments.

I find the flexible approach preferred by Obama to be more suitable to cope with uncertainty. I hope that he will succeed in his approach.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

as opposed to " you went in with your eyes open big big so don't make noise".
the taichi practitioner

Unknown said...

Lets find out in 2 years. Heck maybe if we are lucky, even earlier!


We hear promises from everyone all the time.


Just ask the FIs ha!

Anonymous said...

Hong Kong Arbitration Body Mediates First Lehman-Linked Dispute

Interesting how the costs were shared in Hong Kong. See below link

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djf500/200812220455DOWJONESDJONLINE000122_FORTUNE5.htm

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr Tan Kin Lian,

If you advocate Mr Obama's approach, your heart is certainly at the right place. Well done!
I have not heard about your political plans lately. I hope you are making good progress. Best wishes!

Blog Archive