Sunday, April 12, 2009

A sense of loss as a Singapore (2)

Hi Mr Tan,
I have visited your blog again and have read the comments to my email. I'm not upset, don't worry.

I respect what you are doing. But I do not know whether it will succeed. Singapore has changed. The younger Singaporeans are pleasure-loving and hedonistic, the older ones are too busy struggling. And all of us are struggling in this over-populated country and intimidated by a government that can do whatever they like and manipulate whatever law they want. The worst is seeing younger Singaporeans sell out their countrymen for the love of money.

I empathesize with those who are poor and suffering. I would not mind contributing if you have any schemes to help them. under the present government, they are reduced to getting scraps " qiu sheng bu si, qiu si bu neng" (seeking life is difficult, seeking death is not possible). Perhaps it is possible to set up some sort of recruitment co that matches these people to employers who are willing to pay them fair wages and not exploit them.

As for me, I am thinking of leaving the country next time. I am tired Mr Tan. I am quite well educated, but I still have some integrity. I don't want to sell my soul for money like what some people are doing.

No comments:

Blog Archive