Friday, July 30, 2010

TKL Website - change name of document

Dear Mr. Tan
I like the design of your website, especially as it allows me to download a document to read later. I can also send it by e-mail to a friend. However, I saw that the saved file does not have a descriptive title, and will only show a number. Can you use the title of the document as the file name?

REPLY
A few people have made the same request. I checked with my developer, but he explained that it would take a lot of work and the database has to be restructured. I already have a lot of documents stored in the database and wish to avoid this tedious work.

I suggest that you can rename the file before it is actually saved. Your browser will ask you for the name, so you can type in the title. You can even change it to suit your own naming style. I hope that this works for you. It will be quite convenient after you get used to it.

www.tankinlian.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

goog suggestion. in fact that is what i have done.

chnrxn said...

Manually renaming files is tedious, especially when many files are downloaded.

Ideally the server should provide a descriptive name. The user still has an option to rename the file if he/she wants to.

Blog Archive