Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bad customer service

I found it troublesome to make an Internet transfer from my DBS bank account to a payee's bank account. DBS required me to register the payee and authenticate it using my mobile phone. Their webpage did not respond to the creation of the payee details, so I had to go through the tedious process a second time. I have to enter my 2FA token a few times and respond to a few SMS messages. It took me 20 minutes to complete the process. As this is a once-off payment, I had to delete the payee record.

I sent an e-mail to DBS to tell them about my experience. I received an e-mail reply from the service quality manager by e-mail. It is a standard reply stating the importance of the 2FA token for authentication. The reply did not address my actual issue.

I sent another e-mail to the service quality manager to ask if DBS Bank is really interested to understand why it was so troublesome for me. I gave them my telephone number to call. The service quality manager did not  reply or telephone me. She just ignore my second e-mail.

This is the poor standard of service of DBS Bank. But it is typical behavior of many people in Singapore, i.e. ignore the complaint. But this should not be the behavior of a person holding the position of a service quality manager.

It will be very troublesome for me to move my account to another bank, as I had a lot of GIRO payments to transfer, but I will do it. I need to find another bank that has better customer service.

Tan Kin Lian

2 comments:

Zod said...

Can give Standard Chartered a try. Their customer service at branches are very friendly and helpful. Their internet banking site has been designed to be very usable and friendly too. I am impressed at their ib site quality as compared to others.

Unknown said...

Wonder what does the service quality manager do? Looking at customer concern for service quality? if not this then what?

Blog Archive