Published in Business Times
Husband and wife, who have been private banking clients, countersue
By MICHELLE QUAH
The Singapore arm of Swiss bank UBS AG is taking two of its private banking clients to court, on the grounds that the couple owes the bank some S$9 million.
The couple, Ng Kok Keong and wife Yow Sin May, have filed a counterclaim - saying that their money was lost as a result of the 'grossly negligent' behaviour of their relationship manager, Lily See. They are seeking damages, in addition to what they have claimed they had lost.
Read the full story in BT website (free after 6 pm)
More Singapore stories in this portal:
Reading the facts of this case, I get the impression that the investments were made in leveraged dual currency contracts. I have warned investors to avoid these type of contracts. Read this article.
- ► 2020 (235)
- ► 2019 (1839)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
11/14 - 11/21
- Read my book - Practical Guide on Financial Planni...
- Business Times: UBS takes on couple in $9m lawsuit...
- Large increase in membership of FISCA
- Garrett Goh's original letter
- Garrett Goh: Strategy behind buying term insurance...
- Motor claims - protect consumer who make third par...
- Motor insurance premium
- Why Investment Linked Policy make a bad investment...
- Myths about Private Shield
- Election is coming - read SGEP
- Lim Pueh Joo: Investment-linked policy works best ...
- Medical insurance for elderly people
- Buy 2 get 1 free
- Ask Mr. Tan - Low cost investment fund
- Pretty good for Government work
- Shape Quiz (bundle of 10 minipaks)
- Intelligence Quiz - vol 1, 2 and 3 (bundle)
- Wisdom on How to Live Life (Book 3)
- USB Charger
- Articles in SGEP
- SCMP:Bank officer charged over minibond investment...
- Living on accumulated savings - DIY
- John Bogle - Investing in indexed fund
- Warren Buffet on Low Cost Investment Fund
- Dave Ramsey on Life Insurance I
- Suze Orman - Life Insurance is a bad investment
- FISCA talk - Insuring your Financial Security
- FISCA Talk on Financial Planning
- Costly rider to cover critical illness
- Financial Calcuation with Excel
- Choose a good life insurance company
- Living on your accumulated savings
- Suzy Orman - Cash value and Term Life Insurance
- Poor deal from a life annuity
- Economic Growth and Equity
- Donation to FISCA
- Suzy Orman on Life Insurance
- Existing life insurance policies - continue or ter...
- 33.3% discount on Financial Planning book
- Why only term insurance plans make sense now
- Life insurance - agent and consumers
- Misconceptions about insurance
- Noisy carnival at Bishan
- Gold investment scam?
- Interesting articles in SGEP
- Sound policies, impressive candidate for General E...
- Get a Fair Deal
- Vitamin Account (6 year SGD equity linked structur...
- Be prudent in buying insurance
- FISCA analysis of DBS preference shares
- ▼ 11/14 - 11/21 (50)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)