Friday, December 25, 2015

10 year old blog on marriage

Hi Mr Tan,

http://tankinlian.blogspot.sg/2005/06/get-married-earlier.html

I came across your blog post, dated June 2005. I was only a 17-year-old year 2 polytechnic student back then.

I particularly like your comment regarding marriage:

"- marry early
- have children early
- live simply and on one income
- do not need to buy an expensive house
- enjoy the things in life that are free: clean air, nice parks, beach
- save 15% of your earning to meet the rainy day - if you should be retrenched

I think that this is possible. Just compare with people who are able to survive on a lower salary."

I still think what you've said back then applies 10 years later, today. Sometimes, the best things in life come free. =)

No comments:

Blog Archive