Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Make life easier fro the citizens

Earlier this year, I took a train from Woodlands to Johor Bahru. It arrived within 5 minutes, compared to a duration of more than 1 hour by bus.

I found out later that there was a train service every hour (actually slightly more) during the peak hours. This is called the KTM Trebau service. You can check Google for the details.

I calculated that it was possible to have four departures every hour, as it is possible to make the return journey every 15 minutes.

I wanted to suggest that the frequency of the train service be increased. I am sure that there will be a big demand for this service.

I read a news report that Malaysia had requested for more departures for this service, but the Singapore govt is "studying the matter". Already many months have passed.

Why does it take so many months for Singapore to study this request? Why are we making it difficult for KTM to increase the departures and put their infrastructure to better use?

It seems to be quite childish for both govts to be playing tit-for-tat and making life difficult for the citizens.

Tan Kin Lian

No comments:

Blog Archive