Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Resolve issues with trust and understanding

I am not small minded. I do not make decisions based on self interest.

Some people suggest that I support Malaysia because I have many properties there.

I do not have "many properties". I just have an apartment in Forest City which is not ready yet. That apartment is affected negatively by Dr. M's decision to restrict sale to foreigners, but I do not hold it against him. He has to do what is right for Malaysia.

But some people are guided by self interest. So, they think that other people think like them. They cannot understand that other people may think differently.

I do have an interest to promote friendly relations between Singapore and Malaysia. I have visited Malaysia and met people of different races there. They are friendly and helpful. Most of them are humble, polite and kind. They work hard to make a living and raise a family. They do not look down on other people - at least among those that I have met.

I do not treat the Malaysian govt as an enemy. I also do not treat the Malaysian people as an enemy.

They may be misunderstanding between countries. There may be differences of views. These differences can be resolved amicable with trust and understanding.

Tan Kin Lian

No comments:

Blog Archive