Saturday, March 09, 2019

A very painful loss - Hyflux securities

Hi Kin Lian,
I don’t know who it seek advice and I hope you could help.

My Husband and I bought Hyflux shares through applying IPO. We each took 100k from our savings and apply for it.

To our surprise, we were allocated 80k each. Usually the ratio is not that high. We had 2 kids, aged 2 and 4, lives in a 5 room flat.

My Husband said Hyflux is going to return us 20k each only. That is very little. It means we will lose more than 100k.

I thought that preference shares is very safe; who can I go to appeal for my case? Do you think I could get my money back?

REPLY
You can read my views about Hyflux here.
https://tklcloud.com/Feedback/find_feedback.aspx?search=hyflux

I hold a strong view that the government through PUB and the Energy Market Authority, caused this massive loss to the retail investors.

As things now stand, the prospects are very bad for the retail investors. You will get back only 10.9% of what you invested.

I hope, maybe, with the strong views that I have expressed, the government will step in and make sure that the retail investors get more.

With best wishes.

Tan Kin Lian

1 comment:

Yujuan said...

It's a tragedy of Singaporeans putting too much faith and trust in the PAP Govt -
Minibonds approved for sale by our high and mighty MAS, thus very safe lah.
The HYflux CEO, not very long ago, was a poster girl of the S'pore Govt, look she was fettered by PM Lee at the spade digging ceremony at the construction of the desalination/ electricity plant at Tuas.
It's a fallacy to believe that our Govt Agencies have the 20/20 vision, and they always do what is best for citizens, look around they always miss the mark, always picking on the wrong horse to bet or to invest in.

Blog Archive