Friday, March 08, 2019

Advantages of public transport

I have been taking the bus to office and back for three years. I gave up driving after the COE expired.

My wife bought a new car for the home, but I agreed not to drive it. I often scratched the car due to careless driving.

Here are the advantages of taking public transport:

a) I do not have to look for a parking space in a full car park.
b) I do not have to look for the car after I forgot where I parked it.
c) I do not have to look for the machine to pay the parking fee - in the old malls.
d) I spend 20 minutes a day walking to the bus stop and to my office and home - it is good form of exercise.

I prefer public transport to Grab, even ignoring the cost of the Grab fare. I know when the bus or train will arrive. Grab is less reliable. Sometimes, the driver cancel the booking.

Another disadvantage of Grab is that I often have to tell the driver the direction to take.

It does take a longer time to travel on public transport. I leave early and allow for the longer travel time.

I have a friend who is a multi millionaire. He is older than me. He also prefer to take public transport than to drive a car.

Tan Kin Lian

No comments:

Blog Archive