Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Telkomsel SIM card

I have an Telkomsel SIM card that I use for my travel to Jakarta.

Initially, I was not able to buy the data package in Singapore. The packages were only available when I landed in Jakarta.

I faced this problem. The free Wifi at Jakarta airport was slow and troublesome to subscribe. I was not able to buy the data package using the mobile app.

Later I learned that I could use the USSD. The code is *363# to access the menu. I am now able to buy the data package without Internet or WiFi connection.

Now, whenever I use a local SIM card, I take note of the USSD code to access the Internet.

After that experience, I provided a feedback to Telkomsel. Guess what? I am now able to buy the data package in Singapore, before I take my flight.

Telkomsel does respond to customer feedback.

I wish our mobile operators and other service providers in Singapore are just as responsive. I get the impression that they take ages to implement suggestions from their customers. They seemed to have a deaf ear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, they're getting spit roasted over blazing fire. They thought with strong backing by temasek & GLCs they can behave like some ministers, deaf frogs & deaf to all criticisms. Now their govt backers have turned their backs & opened up more competition. Their share prices have been in freefall for at least past 2 years. In fact all their share prices still much lower than in 2007. Which well run company share price still 30%-50% below the price almost 12 years ago?!?!

No wonder temasek also give up.

Blog Archive