Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Use USSD to buy data package

I tried to buy the Starhub data package for use in Phuket. Their app had a bug, so I could not buy the package.

I asked the Grab driver to allow me to use his hotspot for free. It served my purpose.

I found later that I could use the USSD code to buy the package as follows: USSD: *100*5*1#

I suggested to Starhub to have a link in the home page of their app (before login) to show the useful USSD codes. A customer who has no internet connection can still send a request to the USSD code.

The Starhub data package cost $5 for 1G and is available for 3 days. It is higher than the local data packages, (e.g. I pay RM 1.5 for a 1G on Digi in Malaysia), but I find the $5 to be acceptable.

Tan Kin Lian
https://tklcloud.com/Feedback/feedback2.aspx?id=1232

No comments:

Blog Archive