Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Quality of customer service depends on the process


1. I experienced many instances of poor customer service from Singapore companies.
2. Quite often, the poor service is caused by their bad process. They follow SOP (standard operating procedures) that are more focused on complying with process rather than on improving outcome for customers.
3. I have just experienced an excellent customer service from Plus500 (online trading platform).
4. I wanted to ask a question. In their app, they have a menu called Help. They provide an option to use WhatsApp.
5. I sent my question at night. I received a reply immediately. As the issue was quite complicated, I asked a few follow-up questions. I received prompt, clear and complete replies to each question.
6. A complicated matter was resolved to my satisfaction within half an hour. This is the time that I took trying to reach a Singapore company on a customer issue and had to give up after failing to talk to a person.
7. Plus500 has an office in Singapore. However, they do not follow the standard Singapore SOP. They followed a process that is customer friendly. I understand that this company started in Israel but has now gone international.
8. I like the following features of their customer service:
a) They make it easy for me to send a feedback.
b) They use WhatsApp, which is probably the most convenient form of communication.
c) I can send my query immediately and directly. I do not have to answer 5 to 10 pieces of data to start an inquiry.
d) They have a person to attend to my inquiry immediately.
9. I sent a detailed feedback to the staff. She replied immediately that she would forward it to the attention of the management team. I expect that they would act on my feedback.
10. I believe that the quality of service depends on how the process is handled. If Singapore companies can adopt a good process, like what Plus500 did, the quality of service would improve tremendously.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the past, the expats are mostly of good grades. Are these groups avoiding this country now?

Noticeably are those from 3rd world countries.

Blog Archive