Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Review of China Petroleum (0386.HK)

 I own 170,000 shares of China Petroleum (0386.HK) at an average cost of $3,90 HKD. The current price is $4.02 giving me a small gain.


The PE ratio is 6.28 and the dividend yield is 13.84%.

The forward PE ratio is 4.82. This suggest that the earnings will increase by 56% for the current financial year.

I have read several articles that suggest that oil companies in China will be making a large profit in 2022 as they were able to buy oil from Russia at discounted prices and sell them overseas at a large profit. This should be reflected in the earnings of the oil companies in China, which have a large stake owned by the state.

Considering the attractive financials, I bought another 70,000 shares at $4.02.

Note - This is a personal opinion. I am not giving investment advice.

Tan Kin Lian
https://fisca.sg/ArticleDisplay.aspx?ID=1295

No comments:

Blog Archive