It can cost you almost 18 months your savings, if you buy a life insurance or investment-linked policy.
If you save $300 a month, the cost (to pay commission to the insurance adviser and the insurance company) can take away $5,400 from your savings. This is far too high.
Many graduates buy an insurance policy to help their friend (who is an insurance agent), without realising the high cost.
NTUC Income has reduced this cost to about 8 months, under our Ideal plan. This means that you can get an additional $3,000 of savings that can earn a return for you for the next 20 or 30 years - amounting to $10,000 or more.
Look into the front end cost. Choose a plan that gives you a higher upfront investment.
- ► 2019 (1839)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
02/11 - 02/18
- I like your blog, because it is plain
- I have completed my last day in NTUC Income
- I need to be protected for dread disease
- How to save for the future
- Low Fertility Rate of 1.2
- Growth Policy and Growth Fund
- Early withdrawal of Single Premium Endowment (Grow...
- Policyholder make monthly withdrawal from the Grow...
- Single premium endowment
- Suitable jobs for seniors
- Moral responsibility of a insurance company
- Provide adequate financial security for your famil...
- Best wishes for the Lunar New Year
- Join a Car Pool
- Get a contractor to repair the leak
- Do not understand life insurance?
- What to do when your term insurance expires?
- Encourage more people to save for their retirement...
- Before you go for expensive medical treatment ...
- Tips on Medical Insurance
- You can comment in my blog
- My experience on public transport
- Do not be locked into a poor return
- Compare Ideal plan with unit trust
- Big Trumpet Folder
- High cost of life insurance products
- Why are financial planners more successful in othe...
- A flexible financial plan
- Philp Yeo - Lee Wei Ling Debate
- ▼ 02/11 - 02/18 (29)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)