Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Taxi service in Singapore

Someone posted this comment.

Basically all the additional charges we have to pay for taxi has escalated to a ridiculous situation. In addition, it is also causing a lot of confusion to tourists. I have many overseas friends who have complained about the confusion they have on taxi surcharges, ERP charges, peak hour charges. I don't blamed them because I get confused too.

I think the authorities should look into simplifying these charges i.e. build these into fare structure. I also agreed that some charges should be lower to prevent abuse by taxi drivers. Take for example, the situation with midnight surcharge. I remembered it used to be impossible to get a cab between 10.3o pm to 12 midnight.

Some of these surcharges are killing the business of taxi driver slowly but surely. To call for a cab during peak hour in the city will cost you at least $9 before the journey starts. This certainly puts me off from using the service as taxi fare has become exorbitant.

The ERP gantry at Plaza Singapura. I cannot believe that I have to pay to get out of city.

Anonymous

No comments:

Blog Archive