Saturday, April 28, 2007

A good plan for a young family

Dear Mr Tan

I am in my early 30s. I recently brought a 30 yrs decreasing term insurance covered $300K for myself & $100K for my wife. I have a standalone Critical Illness policy for myself & my wife. I have a Disability Income policy to cover myself only. We are both insured under NTUC Enhanced MediShield with Plus Rider.

I like to keep my saving in Money Market Fund for liquidity & invest the rest in ETF (eg. streetTrack STI).

What is your advice?

--------------------------------

MY REPLY:

Your approach sounds like a great idea.

Which insurance company did you buy the decreasing term and critical illness cover from? I understand that NTUC Income has the lowest rates (according to a survey by Business Times).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr Tan. Nice to see your blog. I understand NTUC no longer offers decreasing term policy. They have informed me as of 28 Apr 07.

Regards,
chua.

Anonymous said...

Hi chua,

You may have been misinformed. NTUC Income offers the decreasing term under their Family Insurance Plan

Blog Archive