Monday, April 23, 2007

Booking an air ticket through the internet

I started to learn how to book an air ticket through the internet.

I found Zuji in Google Search. I asked to book a return air ticket from Singapore to Brussels in September. They searched all the airlines and come back with the best offer from British Air. It cost less than SGD 2,000 for an economy class ticket.

For the same trip on Singapore Air, the ticket will cost SGD 8,000. Singapore Air is not competitive for this sector.

I did another search for a return ticket for Tokyo in August. The cheapest ticket is from Philippines Air. I decided to fly by Singapore Air, although the price is about 50% higher.

I could buy the ticket directly from Singapore Air slightly cheaper than Zuji. The difference is the service fee from Zuji.

If you want a cheap ticket, you can try Zuji. I find it to be a very convenient way to get first level information about what is available. I can decide later, if I prefer another airline. At least I know how much is the difference.

Blog Archive