Saturday, April 07, 2007

Commuter train system in Shanghai

I took the commuter train system in Shanghai.

There are five lines, numbered as line 1 to line 5. I took a taxi from my hotel to the nearby station in line 3, and took this elevated line to the Shanghai Railway station. I changed to underground line 1 to the People's Square station.

When the train leaves each station, there is an announcement in Chinese and English on the terminal station and the next station. This announcement is useful, to ensure that the commuters took the right direction.

At each station, the exits are clearly numbered as exit 1, exit 2, etc.

It is quite convenient to take the transit train. I get to know the layout of Shanghai well.

Lesson: It is better to number the lines and the stations, and also all the exits in each station. It is useful to make an announcement about the next stop and the terminal station.

No comments:

Blog Archive