Friday, April 06, 2007

Waiting for the market to correct

Dear Mr Tan,

Presently, most unit trust and share prices are very high and to invest at this moment may not be worth the while and maybe by next year US will be hit by a recession.

So what is your best suggestion for investment for my retirement? Should I wait for the recession to come by before I invest?

What are other means we can look out for to invest for our future retirement? Presently I am 44 and nearing my retirement in 11 years time or maybe have to work till 62 if financially I can't retire early.

I had pay up my housing loan thru CPF so now left only about $10,000 in my ordinary account. So what is your suggestion to increase my savings and any resources I may look into to increase my wealth?

---------------------------------

My reply:

I put most of my savings in the money market fund to earn about 3%. You can read about them in my blog.

You can also read from my website, Ask Mr Tan.

No comments:

Blog Archive