Thursday, April 05, 2007

Why did I join NTUC Income?

Someone asked me, "Why did you choose to join NTUC Income?"

I joined NTUC Income by accident. I was approached.

When the selection committee interviewed me, they had three important conditions for a suitable candidate:

* must be able to run a large organisation
* must be able to lead a sales force
* must be able to manage the trade unions (who are the key shareholders)

I did not have any proven record on all three counts.

I was selected because I was the only qualified actuary who was willing to join NTUC Income, without insisting on a high salary and other conditions.

Later, I learned that other candidates were approached, but they were not willing to join NTUC Income.

How did I overcame by lack of experience?

I adopted the entrepreneurial approach. I learned how to find the right answers. Quickly, 30 years have passed.

No comments:

Blog Archive