Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Avoid this financial product

Hi Mr. TAN,

I'm curious about the SWISSCASH Investment, which my wife's colleague and family already taken-up. Can you advise in some way if this is genuine, and it's legal in Singapore?

---------------------

From an email:

This guys claim that it is a very exciting Savings Programme from Swiss Mutual Fund called Swiss cash. It can help you grow your fund with 200% profits in 15 months.

Since I started on the investment in May 2006, I have already gotten 160% interest (10% interest monthly for the period May - July 2006, 15% interest monthly for the months of August - October 2006, 20% for November 2006 - January 2007, and 25% for February 2007).

I will be receiving another 25% interest for this month and next month, and 30% for the final 3. I have already recovered my principal sum in January 2007 and earned an accumulated gross profit (ie. gross amount less principal sum) of 60% up till this month March 2007. By the end of 15 months, my total profits received will be 200%!

(rest of details deleted)

-------------------------

My reply:

Here is the view of a financial analyst:

"I have looked into it a few times. It is a scam -- a pyramid scheme."

2 comments:

C Kindle said...

How do you know it is a pyramid scam?

Is land banking also a pyramid scam?

The Thought of Life said...

Land banking is definitely NOT a pyramid scam. But you got to answer 1 central question: are buying the piece of land at the right value ? Of course, to answer that you have to do lots of homework... To most of us, this investment is a high risk investment!

Blog Archive