Hi Mr Tan,
I read with interest your article about saving for children's education. However, you still strike me as a very big fan of insurance despite advocating investments (investment linked plans).
Since there's all the issues with high overheads and commissions, isn't it better for one to invest purely into investments, instead of through the insurance companies such as NTUC?
The investment linked plan from NTUC Income has low front end charge (less than half of the other insurance companies). The annual charge is lower than most unit trusts.
If you study the total cost over 18 years, you will probably find that NTUC Income still give better value (compared to a unit trust).
- ► 2019 (1839)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
04/29 - 05/06
- Investment linked plan under NTUC Income
- Are my policies worth to keep?
- No need for Medishield insurance
- Spend less on insurance; invest the rest
- Life Insurance for College Students
- Talk to LTA
- Different methods of calculating interest
- Employment for seniors
- I strongly agree
- Discrimination in the workplace
- Save for a child's education
- Liability insurance
- Moral Hazard and Adverse Selection
- Payment to accident victims
- Insure my co-payment
- Call me on my mobile
- Save $600 a month?
- Structured Investment Products
- Car Navigation System
- Sad aspect of market liberalisation
- Small workshops like the tender system
- An alternative to Downtown Lines
- Better to have a standard taxi fare
- Whole life policies from NTUC Income gives better ...
- Two views of the stock market
- Poor return on whole life policies
- Term to 99 years
- What has Science got to offer?
- Difference between wishful and positive thinking
- Power of marketing
- Motor claim by third party
- Water for Life
- Surrender value of Living policy
- Financial Tips for the Young and for Seniors
- Avoid lock-in investment products
- Restructuring of public transport
- Senior Employment Guidance
- My personal asset allocation
- Refinance your housing loan
- Capital guaranteed products give a poor return
- Some structured products are good?
- Discount on motor insurance
- Singapore Dance Theatre - Impressions
- A salute to the earlier generations!
- Making the incredible credible
- Renting your car
- How to control spam mail
- Feeder service in Hong Kong
- Role of an agent
- Pyramid scheme
- Asset allocation in a nutshell
- Ranking of Products
- Investment Tips, April 2007
- Term insurance up to age 65
- More moderate return in the future
- Shall I continue Eldershield?
- Capital guaranteed product
- Increase the investment in a life annuity
- Simplify the feedback form
- Encashing my life insurance policies
- Yield of 3.41%
- Term Insurance
- Senior Housing
- Natural disasters
- Pay a fixed fee to a broker
- What is a broker?
- Insurance course at a local university
- Invest in large, well diversified fund
- ▼ 04/29 - 05/06 (69)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)