Sunday, August 03, 2008

Continue life policy after migration?

Hi Mr. Tan,

My mother is a big fan of your blog and she's been nudging me to seek your advice on my NTUC Income Life Policy Insurance.

I would be going to look for work in Sydney and looking to stay there. Should I terminate my policy and get back my money? Should I continue feeding this policy?

REPLY

In the globalised world, it is quite easy to continue your existing policy in Singapore, even if you live overseas.

You should decide on your existing life policy based on the future yield. Generally, I advise a person to continue an existing life policy, as they have already incurred the upfront charges. Going forward, the policy should be able to give a fairly satisfactory return.

You can ask your insurer to quote you the cash value now and in 5 years time for you to make a decision.

Read this FAQ:
http://www.tankinlian.com/faq/exist.html

For your future financial planning, you should read this FAQ: http://www.tankinlian.com/faq/fptips.html

All the best.

No comments:

Blog Archive