Friday, January 14, 2011

Krisflyer - another complexity

I recceived a statement from SIA showing that I have x Krisflyer miles and y Elite miles. I searched their website for the difference between these two types of miles, but I could not find it. I search for the telephone number to call, and I could not find it. This is another example of the complexity that we have to deal with. There was only one past occasion that I redeemed my air miles (previously, I allowed them to expire) and I had a lot of trouble navigating their complex website. I still have trouble now, and need to call their hotline for assistance.

2 comments:

Tan Kin Lian said...

Dear Mr Tan,
Krisflyer membership has a few levels, namely, Silver and Gold, with different benefits.

Benefits can be for example, you can check in using special counters even when you are flying economy, or you can use the Singapore Airlines lounge when you fly economy. You also get bonus 25% Krisflyer miles for your miles flown.

These benefits also can be used on other star alliance affiliated carriers like Thai Airways, Luftansa and United Airlines.

To qualify for Silver, Gold..etc you need to count how many Elite Miles you have. You need 25,000 miles for Elite and 50,000 miles for Gold.

Typically, you earn 1 Krisflyer Mile AND 1 Elite mile for every mile you fly in SIA Economy Class or on any other star alliance affiliated carrier. More if you flyer business or first class.

However, the Elite Miles expire at the end of each calendar year and cannot be redeemed for free flights or upgrades.

Hope this clarifies.

Unknown said...

If I get my ticket using krisflyer miles, will my elite miles be deducted too?

Blog Archive