Saturday, January 15, 2011

M V Land does not use e-mail

I sent a fax to the directors of M V Land to complain that their management officer does not answer telephone or reply to e-mails. Three days later, the projector manager replied to me by fax. He claimed that they checked their web database and could not trace my e-mail. I asked him for the correct e-mail address that I should use in the future. He checked and replied to me, "Sorry, we do not have an e-mail address. It is better for me to communicate with them by fax."

They did give an e-mail address to my staff who asked for it earlier. It seemed that nobody in M V Land bothered to check the e-mail. If they do not use e-mail, how can they handle so many customers who have to go through them to sort out the requirements imposed by them, such as getting a renovation permit?  No wonder their customers (i.e. purchasers of their property) had such a difficult time with them.

Tan Kin Lian

3 comments:

sgcynic said...

A dinosaur. How does M V Land survive in this age? By fleecing its customers - dealing with them at its own whim and convenience?

Solomon said...

The technique is called stone walling. They hope the problem go away by not replying. It works most of the time.

yujuan said...

@ Simon

We encounter such a situation with govt Agencies also, you email them, they don't reply, and hope that we give up after some time.
Here, not only disconecting, they just do not want to connect at all.
Now we understand what Catherine Lim means by disconnection with the citizens.

Blog Archive