Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Budget for Election Campaign

I expect the budget for the election campaign to be $100,000 to $200,000.  I will personally contribute to a significant part of the expenses, but I like to give the chance for my supporters and well wishers to have the opportunity to take a stake in the future of Singapore. I invite you to make a donation here.

The appeal letter reads as follows:



Be a Stakeholder in Singapore's Political Future:
Appeal for Donation

This year’s Presidential Election promises to be a step forward in the development of our political system. For the first time, several credible candidates, including myself, have declared their intention to contest. This will be only the second time since the implementation of Elected Presidency that Singaporeans would be given the opportunity to vote. I believe that all citizens and organisations will welcome this positive development of our Nation’s political landscape.

Candidates for the Presidential Election are expected not to have any political affiliation. They will have to depend on friends and volunteers to help them in getting their messages to the people. However, it would be very costly to reach out to one million households out there. For a fair scrutiny by our citizens, candidates should be able to reach out directly to our voters by their own means without being over dependent on the media.

If I am elected as the President, I like to be able to work in full co-operation with the Government, but I will be guided by my five values of Honesty, Fairness, Positive Approach, Courage and Public Service. I will at all times also be guided by the views of the people, which I will actively seek. My statements and views can be found here: http://www.easyapps.sg/tklep/Information.aspx

In the spirit of allowing active citizenry to grow, I am writing this appeal to you to make a donation to my campaign costs. By making a donation to my campaign, you will be taking an active step forward to become stakeholders of our Nation’s political development process. No amount is too small or obviously, too large. All expenses will be properly accounted for and will be audited. Please indicate whether you wish to be acknowledged publicly or wish to be listed as “Anonymous”. See http://www.easyapps.sg/tklep/Donate.aspx

I hope you will see fit to contribute. Even if you do not, I hope you will consider voting for me when the time comes. Thanking you in advance.

Tan Kin Lian

3 comments:

michael13 said...

Dear Mr. Tan,

Just a suggestion. Since both Dr. Tan Cheng Bock and you are contesting in this forthcoming Presidential Election with the same good intention to serve the best interest of the people by enhancing the check and balance system. I find that if both of you can sit down for a discussion to explore the possibilities for a joint election campaign. This way, not only the expenses can be cut but also for the wishes of many Singaporeans - to restore the trust and truth in our political system.

Under the amended constitution 1991, the elected President will have the power to appoint two(2) members of his choice to be in the six(6) members of the council of Presidential Advisers(CPA), so if either one of you becomes the next 'People's President', the arrangement can be made for the defeated candidate to be appointed a member of CPA. It's therefore a win-win situation for a good political development in Singapore.

Ray said...

You can explore selling gift items/ memorabilia for your campaign. If people donate, they may need to register their names. If people buy your items, no need to register names.

Weng Mao Fa said...

I will bring some gift items for you to raise fund. See you at SMU.

Blog Archive