Tuesday, January 31, 2017

How to be a consultant

I have a regular client in Jakarta. My service is consultancy. When they face a problem, they consult me.

The first step in solving a problem is to understand the problem. I ask several questions to understand the problem. I describe the problem and get my client to agree with this description. They tell me - oh, it is not really like that. We also encounter this kind of situation, etc.

After agreeing the problem, the next step is to find a solution.

Quite often, I cannot give the full solution. It is too difficult.

I am able to give a partial solution, or half the solution. It is the part that works and can be implemented quite quickly. It helps to improve the current situation.

Remember, if the company faces a problem that has been around for a long time, do not expect to find a "total solution" within a few days. But a "quick fix" can help a great deal.

After the quick fix, we can take the time to find the next quick fix. Over time, we will have a total solution.

And the concept of problem solving can be learned using the tutorial here:
And it is available FREE.

If you have the skill of problem solving, you can be a business consultant, like me.

More importantly, you can give this skill to your children. They will need it in their future career.




No comments:

Blog Archive