Saturday, February 04, 2017

True professionals

I respect people who take pride in their work.  They are the true professionals.

A bus driver for service 163 greeted all passengers when they alighted the bus at the front door. He said, "Thank you. Have a nice day".

He came from Johor. He wore a cap and had a beard. He looked like an ISIS terrorist. But he is the most friendly and joyful driver that I had met.

Looks can be deceiving!

One day, I was waiting for bus 163 at the bus stop before Thomson Plaza. It was concentrating on a game in iPad. I looked up and saw bus 163 in front of me waiting for a few seconds. I waved to the driver. He opened the door for me. He looked familiar driver. He probably came from PRC.

He must have recognized me as a regular passenger. He waited a few seconds for me in case I wanted to board the bus. I thanked him.

This driver clearly paid attention to the regular passengers. He is a true professional who really likes his job.

We need to encourage more people to like their job and do it extremely well.

No comments:

Blog Archive