Monday, March 25, 2019

Sue the board and founder of Hyflux

A group of retail investors want to sue the board and founder of Hyflux for misrepresentation. One of them approached me on the following:

a) Do they have a case?
b) Can I help to find a lawyer?

I replied that I am not an expert on this matter. However, I am willing to give my layman view, as someone who knows the law and business practice.

Their best chance is to look at misrepresentation and lack of proper disclosure in the 2016 prospectus for the issue of the perpetual securities.

The MAS and SGX is already looking into this matter from the regulatory perspective.

The investors can get a lawyer to have a watching brief and be ready to act, if the authority found the board to be in breach of their duties.

Can some other knowledgeable person give your view to this issue?

No comments:

Blog Archive