Friday, November 29, 2019

Why M1 data passport does not work for me

I have been quite unhappy with Starhub data travel package. I do not mind paying their package rate of $5 (1GB) or $15 (2 GB) but I do not like to pay them a "robbery rate" of $19 for 1 MB of data, when the package is consumed.

Starhub said that after paying $19, I can continue to use data for the rest of the day without extra charge. I question this statement. I think their service stopped. I recalled getting a SMS message from Starhub that I would be charged extra if I continue to use the data. At this "robbery rate", I did not want to try.

I have considered moving to M1. They have a data passport plan where I pay $10 a month per country and the data that I used overseas is deducted from my local data.

I usually do not spend more than 3 days in a country, so the $10 a month is not suitable for me. I also do not like to turn the passport on and off each time that I travel.

The best solution for me is AirSIM. Their SIM card can work in any country. I buy a data package for the period that I am in the country. I pay a rate of $2 a day for most countries and have unlimited data. Actually, I have fast speed up to 500 MB a day and the speed is restricted to 256 kps after that. I find this acceptable.

No comments:

Blog Archive