Wednesday, February 10, 2021

My investment in Baidu (BIDU) stock

 I bought 100 shares of Baidu a month ago at an average cost of $245 USD. Baidu is an internet search engine that earns revenue from advertisements. It is also described as the "Google of China".


The stock hit a high of $250 three years ago, but dropped to $100 after its advertisement revenue fell.

I took an interest in the stock when I learned that they are strong in technology and has developed a self driving software for taxis, which were being tested in several cities in China. They have many business revenue sources.

I watched a few videos that analyse the business and financials of this stock. Here is one of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO3txXy33hU

The stock has moved up strongly over the past few weeks. It is currently at $314 pre-market. This gave me a gain of ($314-$245) X 400 = $27,600 USD.

No comments:

Blog Archive