Monday, March 22, 2021

Timing at pedestrian crossing

I pressed the button at the pedestrian crossing for the green man to appear.


On many occasions, the green man did not appear within 1 minute. I crossed the road when I saw that the traffic was light.

After a while, I decided to ignore the green man at pedestrian crossing where the green man took too long to appear.

One day, I will be caught for not observing the traffic regulation on the use of pedestrian crossing. I will go to court to give my reason. I expect to lose the case and to pay the fine for the traffic offense.

I will gladly pay the fine.

I wanted to put forward the point that the people in charge should be considerate when they exercise the authority given to them.

At the pedestrian crossing, I expect the green man to appear within 1 minute. A more appropriate time is 30 second. The only exception is when the traffic is unusually heavy.

If the green man does not appear in a minute, how much longer must I wait? What if the traffic light failed? Should I wait the whole day?

I call on the Land Transport Authority to reset the timing in all the pedestrian crossing for the green man to appear within 1 minute, or even more quickly if the traffic is light.

Be considerate to the pedestrians.

https://tklcloud.com/Feedback/feedback2.aspx?id=4114

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't feel safe on the roads. Traffic lights change are just too unpredictable.

Blog Archive