Tuesday, August 29, 2006

How to invest the CPF savings

Dear Mr Tan,

I am 59 and have about $150,000 in my CPF Ordinary Account which I can withdraw anytime and earning an interest of 2.5% per annum. At present Citibank offers 3.2% and HSBC about 3.4% per annum.

May I know base on the same basis, what NTUC income can offer.

---------------------------------

Dear

I suggest that you invest in our Flexi Cash or Flexi Link. You can read the FAQs on these products

http://www.income.coop/insurance/faq/

Our Flexi Cash now earns about 3.5% per annum. The interest rate changes with the money market. There is no lock-in period. You have to incur a very small spread of 0.1% on your investment.

Most of my savings (I am 58 years old) are invested in the Flexi Link (to be invested in the Combined Fund). If you expect to invest for 10 years or longer, this is a better choice.

I will ask my product expert to contact you.

Tan Kin Lian
CEO, NTUC Income

No comments:

Blog Archive