Friday, May 16, 2008

Investing in Foreign Currency Deposits

Dear Mr. Tan,
What do you think about foreign currency fixed deposts that pay about 7% to 8%? I am of investing in NZ$ and A$. The money has been in the saving account for quite some time.

REPLY
I have a lot of my own money invested in AUD and NZD. I like the high interest rate. I hope that the currency will be stable, but this is a risk that the investor has to take.

Read this FAQ:
http://www.tankinlian.com/faq/foreign.html
All the best to you!

1 comment:

Market Uncle said...

Hi Mr. Tan,
I'll just like to express my view on foreign fixed deposits. Hope you can give some comments. Thanks!

excerpts from my article:
...
In terms of % of GDP, both Australia and New Zealand ran a current account deficit even larger than US! Unless they can continue to maintain their GDP growth rate, any slow down will just widen the deficit, cutting rates will just be a matter of time. The resultant rate cut will then result in a currency devaluation, similar to USD depreciation when FED cut interest rate from 5.25% to 2% within a short time.
...

Full article:
http://market-uncle.blogspot.com/2008/05/high-yielding-notes-good-buy.html

best regards,
Market-Uncle

Blog Archive