Posting #68 in
Statement by Mr. Lee Hsien Loong in 2006
25. Market discipline also requires an effective enforcement regime. To preserve investor confidence, penalties for transgressions must be swift and appropriate. MAS now has the power to investigate and bring a court action for market misconduct under the new civil penalty regime. This will complement the existing criminal penalty regime administered by CAD.”
In the first Petition signed by 983 investors, there was a call for MAS or CAD to investigate into any wrong doing by the financial institutions that created or marketed the product. So far, there is no news on this matter.
I hope that they will "investigate and bring a court action for market misconduct".
- ► 2020 (459)
- ► 2019 (1839)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1654)
11/02 - 11/09
- Has MAS responded to the 3 petitions?
- Proposed terms of settlement
- Saving the Financial Industry?
- A favourable impression of Tunis
- Impact of Obama's election on the future of Singap...
- Seminars on financial risks associated with financ...
- Minibond Saga in better explained form
- SCMP:Investor cool-off pondered
- SCMP: Democrats drop legal bid after deal on Lehma...
- Is mis-selling a market misconduct?
- The New Paper: Latest structured product scandal
- Business Times: Kudos to CIMB-GK and UOB-Kay Hian
- SCMP:Repairing the damage
- US Presidential Election 2008
- Advancing the best interest of our people
- Keep sadness and hatred to themselves
- Tunis, 5 to 8 November
- Dr Lan Luh Luh – your further clarification is req...
- SCMP: Regulators have let down investors badly
- 10,000 SACRIFICIAL LAMBS
- Market Discipline and Caveat Emptor
- Open Forum with OCBC Bank/Securities
- Should financial markets be more strongly regulate...
- MAS has the power to investigate and bring a court...
- Flaws in financial planning industry
- Presence of disclaimers in prospectus
- Indicate price of Pinnacle Notes as at 20-10-08
- Spain Lets Jobless Postpone Half of Mortgage Payme...
- Mis-selling of Lehman structured notes
- Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT)
- Clarification from Dr Lan Luh Luh
- Bank claims to be "order executor"
- Petitions on Structured Products
- Fortnightly Meetings at Speaker's Corner on Struct...
- Open Forum with UOB Kay Hian
- Send your views directly to MAS
- New swap counterparty to replace Lehman Brothers
- Adolf Hitller complains about the ERP and MRT
- Buy a property that you can afford
- How to manage a crisis
- NTUC Income is different today
- Upset investor share bad experience with bank
- How to track all comments on my blog
- Political ambitions?
- Intention to deceive?
- Key features of structured products
- Reply to "Risk listed in bold"
- Stolen identity
- Collective legal action - Leonard Loo
- Reply to SP Services: Don't shoot the messenger
- ▼ 11/02 - 11/09 (50)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)