Pinnacle Notes series 9 and 10 was sold in November 2007 - just a year ago. At that time, the subprime and CDO market was already in trouble. The issuer put in 150 underlying assets and sold them to the retail investors.
The issuer did state, in the adverstisement, that the money would be invested in the CDOs. However, the are required under the Security and Futures Act to disclose all relevant information to help the investors make an informed decision. Did they meet this standard?
It is extremely difficult for the investors to ask for information to see if the Securities and Futures Act have been breached. I hope that the MAS will investigate this matter separately. Morgan Stanley is still around, and they should be able to provide the information for the investigation.
I hope that this investigation is carried out openly, so that the investors are satisfied that they have been treated fairly and have not been "cheated".
Here are some relevant information:
I hope that some lawyers can advice if it is possible for the investors to take a mandamus case to compel the MAS to invstigate this matter?
I hope that the investors of series 9 and 10 get together (for each series) and study if there were gaps in the prospectus that failed to described the risk of this product. You can meet with an experienced lawyer to discuss this matter. The lawyer can get a written expert opinion from overseas. If there was material misrepresentation of the securities, it may be possible to get the court to declare the transaction as void and for the investors to get a full refund.
- ► 2019 (1839)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1654)
11/23 - 11/30
- Speaker's Corner 5 pm on 29 Nov - change of plan
- The Standard : Legco first on Lehman fizzles out
- To each his own
- The Online Citizen interview an investor
- Speaker's Corner 5 p.m. Sat 29 Nov
- 100,000 signatures so that more people will step f...
- Bonus is likely to remain low
- Lost the sense of bonding and togetherness
- An apology to Chee Soon Juan and his sister
- A sense of responsibility: Obama
- No reply from financial institution after four wee...
- End of Free Financial Advice
- Singapore Dance Theatre performs Nutcracker
- Suggestion: how to approach legal action
- Singapore Kopitiam Forum
- Swiss petition for national referendum to end "cor...
- Investors should see their Member of Parliament
- Why I wanted 100,000 signatures
- Buyer beware
- Singapore's investments in global banks
- Ask for information in writing
- Pinnacle Notes Series 9 and 10
- Experience with FIDREC
- Guide on FIDREC process
- Morgan Stanley website on Pinnacle Notes
- Risk analysis form - wrong statements
- Gathering 100,000 signatures
- Strategy on credit linked notes
- Low compensation offered by HLF
- Tan Kin Lian eyes elected presidency
- Issuers of toxic notes should take more of the bla...
- Plea to MAS - investors of Pinnacle Notes
- Manifesto - the future of Singapore
- Battle of the mind and the heart
- Reveal your identity
- Useful role for financial advisers
- Moral values and ethics
- Investors to see your Member of Parliament
- Speak up for our rights
- ▼ 11/23 - 11/30 (39)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)