Thursday, August 02, 2012

Google Maps in Phnom Penh

This is my fifth visit to Phnom Penh, Cambodia. It is my most successful trip. I became familiar with the landmarks in the city.

I was surprised to find that Google Map appeared on my iPad without any data connection. There must be some feature of this app where the digital maps are remembered. The blue dot showed my current location.

I was driven to several parts of the city for my business meetings, lunch and dinner. I was able to find out the part of the city that I was in, and also the roads that were passed by along the way. Suddenly, all the places that I visited in my past trips fall into place.

I was able to access the Google Maps using the wifi in the hotel. These maps are then remembered in my iPad when I went outside of the hotel. This is a wonderful feature, and make it more enjoyable to visit a city.



No comments:

Blog Archive