Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Unhappy about inflated claim from a third party

Hi Mr Tan Kin Lian,

Can you help me to investigate this traffic accident claim from NTUC.

My wife met with an traffic accident with a motorbike. The motorbike has since lodged a 3rd party claim against me.

I am a shocked by the value that is being claimed and am wondering if this is a
case of inflated claims from a dishonest workshop.

I have taken photos of the damaged bike and understood from friends that a used bike of similar features cost an approximately $3000. The value that is being claimed is $2000. Repairs cost from bike workshops have quoted a nominal amount of below $300 based on the photos.

(Details of the case deleted)

Is there any way for me to understand why the 3rd party claim will be so expensive? How do I know if these claims are valid ? I am finding it difficult to resolve this matter.

It seems that the dishonest workshop will profit from this exercise. NTUC will suffer a bad reputation by allowing such workshops to make tihs claim. I feel that your policyholder has been dishonest from the start as he demanded payment from my wife.

GL

--------------------

Dear GL

Can you show me the letter that you have received. Is it from NTUC Income or from a workshop directly?

If it is from a workshop engaged by my policyholder, this matter will be outside of our control.

I suggest that you should let your insurance company handle this third party claim.

Tan Kin Lian

No comments:

Blog Archive