Sunday, November 12, 2006

What is the right time to invest in the Global Equity Fund?

Dear Mr Tan,

I hope the funds managed by NTUC especially the Growth Fund will continue to perform well after 1 April 2007!

You mentioned that you were going to purchase the Global Fund. What level do you intend to make this investment?

I have taken profit on 20% of my Growth Fund and am contemplating purchase the Global Fund. Please advise.

OL

--------------

Dear OL

I have withdrawn my ST Trakker Fund and re-invested it in the money market fund (ie Flexi Cash).

Tentatively, I will wait for the global equity market to correct by about 10% from its peak, before I re-invest in the global equity fund.

If this does not occur, I may re-invest in 3 installments during 2007.
This is a personal opinion. I am not really good at market timing.

Tan Kin Lian

No comments:

Blog Archive